Museum logo
Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number HL037
Title Haverford Seminary

Description Haverford Seminary

Land was purchased in October, 1799 for the erection of a school house thereon, and for no other purpose. A stone building was erected which was used until 1883, when it was abandoned a substantial stone building having been erected to take its place. This second building was torn down a few years ago, the date stone of the same is now set in the wall of the vestibule of the Bon Air Fire House.
Original Object Format Research Notes
Collection Lucas, Hilda
Subjects Buildings
Classification Schools
Search Terms Seminary