Manoa was a part of the Leedom Estate. Divided and named about 1870, by May and Mira Leedom.
The name Manoa was taken from the Old Testament, derived from the Hebrew name Manoh - meaning - "resting place". "Peace" - "Sanctuary".
Prior to this date the Post Office which was located in Leedom's Store was called Haverford P.O.
|Original Object Format||Research Notes|